Grace Trelliage specialises in the production of free-standing garden obelisks. They can be made in any design and colour.
In addition to the standard range of obelisks (see below), Michael Grace offers a unique design and construction service, and can replicate designs which clients may have located in books, magazines or on websites. These can be made of any appropriate dimension. Also, designs can be developed in consultation with clients to meet specific needs and locations. Contact Michael Grace with your requests and suggestions.
- Treated premium pine.
- All screw fixings are stainless steel.
- Marine grade adhesives.
- Timber likely to be in contact with the ground is H4 (ground treated).
- All other timber is H3 treated.
Other specialist timbers can be used when requested. Macrocarpa, mahogany and other exotic timbers can be used, depending on suitability and availability.
All surfaces are carefully prepared and finished with 2 to 3 coats of satin finish acrylic stain (Resene Lumbersider). All timber is painted four sides before assembly.
Obelisks can be made in any colour on the Resene colour chart. There is no additional cost for colour choice. Visit www.resene.co.nz.
Standard Obelisk size
Obelisks come in two standard sizes (measurement from ground level to highest point).
- Height 2100mm. Width at widest point (130mm above ground level) 575mm
- Height 1600mm. Width at widest point (130mm above ground level) 490mm
Other heights and dimensions can be provided at a small additional cost.
- Ladder style (square section battens opening wider towards the bottom)
- Other designs, such as diagonal battens are also available.
There are two styles available – no difference in price.
- Ball top
- Cathedral (or Turks head) top
- The tops sit on 2 or 3 decorative plinths.
If the obelisk will be standing in soil or similar material a Garden Base will be required to secure the obelisk to the ground. The Garden Base is made of ground treated timber.
Will be confirmed upon receipt of order, but allow up to 5 weeks.
Prices will be given once the style, size and any specific requirements are finalised.
For an order of four of the same style, height and colour allow 10% discount.
Delivery is free within Canterbury. An additional freight cost is payable for deliveries to the rest of New Zealand.
When ordering Standard Obelisks
Provide the following information:
- Colour from Resene colour